Sunday, March 29, 2009

Here it is....The April Challenge

Before you go any further I want to remind you that there are still three days left in Christine's "March Madness Challenge". I know for me I still have two bonuses to work on.

There are six of us taking the challenge: Christine, Megan, Christina, Sherry, Stephani and myself. There is still time if you know of anyone that would like to join us.

I decided to choose from a long list of things I've wanted to try. With Christina, Megan and Christine giving us such great challenges, I hope Aprils challenges will live up to their examples.
So drum role please............

Welcome to the April Challenge


Aprils thirty days are split between a partial week, three full weeks and another partial week. So I decided to change things up a bit. Each set of challenges start on Wednesday and end the following Tuesday, with the exception of week four ending on Thursday. There will be two challenges per week. I have included two bonus challenges. They can be done at any time throughout the month as a bonus or they both can be used as a substitution for one challenge you don’t like. Did you see the catch? If you want to remove a challenge you don’t like you must do both bonus challenges in its place.



Week #1 (April 1-7)


Tags – Do a layout that includes multiple tags.


Inspired by a quilt pattern – Do a layout that uses a quilt pattern or has a quilt feel.



Week #2 (April 8-14)


A Page with out Pattern Paper, unless you make it your self – Do a lo that starts with only solid color paper. You can leave it solid or you can turn it into patterned paper by stamping, doodling, painting, printing, etc.to turn it into you very own designed pattern paper.


Nine in One – Do nine 4x4 layouts that are added together to make one 12x12 lo. This idea came from the following lo. I saw it in “Simply Handmade”designed by Stephanie Pouliot. I think it’s awesome. I can’t wait to see what we all can do with her idea.



Week #3 (April 15-21)


A Monochromatic page – Do a layout using different shades of the same color. Example: baby blue, sky blue, navy blue and midnight blue. You can use one neutral color (white or brown or black). No other colors are allowed.


Wordle- Do a layout using a wordle. If you are unfamiliar with wordle, it’s a group of words displayed in a random order to form a word cloud. You can see my first attempt on my “46 rolls” lo (posted on my blog on February 22, 2009). I used the IBM wordle website at http://www.wordle.net . It’s super easy! If you have any questions let me know and I’ll help you through it.



Week #4 (April 22-30)


Inspired by a board game – Do a layout that is inspired by a board game. Example: you could use a checkerboard background, you could embellish a page with a game piece or monopoly money, or you could do a page about your family’s game night. Let your imagination run wild.


Bucket List – Do a layout of your bucket list. A bucket list is a list of things you would like to do or accomplish before the end of your life.



Bonus / Substitution


“It runs in the family” - maybe your entire family wears glasses, or your family has three generations of practical jokers, or you and a child are both left handed, or you and your father love the same disgusting food - like liver. You get the idea.


An Easter Page – This one is self explanatory. Don’t forget, Good Friday in April 10th and Easter is April 12th this year. “HE IS RISEN”



If you have any questions you can email me at flinch@outdrs.net.

Here is the "Nine In One" inspiration layout



I know it's getting harder as the weather gets more spring like. I'm glad your in this with me or I would let it all slide until next fall or winter. So, Thanks for accepting the challenge. There will be simple prizes each week (on Wednesdays) and a grand prize at the end. You are all such an inspiration to me, I'm eager to see what you all come up with.

5 comments:

  1. Woohoo! I am so in! Love all your ideas! The creative juices are flowin' now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love your challenges!!!! I cannot WAIT, well I can wait until I figure out what's wrong with me, but this will be SOOOOO fun. Thank you Lisa!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooh so fun, can't wait, i'm with you the nicer the weather, the harder it's gonna get, but i'm soo in!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Message from Sherry:

    Lisa,
    I am super excited. I already have some ideas rolling around in my head.

    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great ideas for challenges!! Love them! I may have to "lift" a few when I get back into the swing of things again!!

    ReplyDelete